(17th May, 2021 – Continuing)
Dr. B.N. Sharma was born on 31.7.1959. He did his Masters in Financial Management with gold medal in 1980 from the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur. He has been alumnus of Harvard University (Seniors Managers in Government), Duke University (Tax Analysis and Revenue Forecast (TARF)) and Berkeley University (Ethics in Governance).
He joined the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), the premier civil service of India in 1985 and was allotted Rajasthan cadre. During his career, he handled assignments in various departments/Ministries in Rajasthan as well as Central Government, such as Power, Revenue & Finance. He was Chairman, National Anti-Profiteering Authority, Government of India before his superannuation in 2019 and continued serving National Anti-Profiteering Authority, Government of India upto May, 2021.
In addition to above some key assignments held by him were :
- Collector & District Magistrate : He served as Collector & District Magistrate, Jaipur, Ajmer and Tonk Districts of Rajasthan.
- Power Sector : He served as Secretary, Rajasthan State Electricity Board, Jaipur, Chairman & MD, Jaipur Discom, Jaipur, Joint Secretary to Govt. of India, Ministry of Power, New Delhi and Additional Secretary to Govt. of India, Ministry of Power, New Delhi.
- Financial Sector : He served as Secretary to Govt., Finance (Expenditure) Department, Rajasthan, Jaipur, Chairman & MD, Rajasthan Financial Corporation, Rajasthan, Jaipur, Commissioner, Commercial Taxes Department, Rajasthan, Jaipur, Additional Secretary, Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Other Sectors : He served as Secretary to Govt., Elementary, Secondary & Sanskrit Education Deptt., Rajasthan, Jaipur, Commissioner, Wasteland Development, Watershed & Soil Conservation Department, Rajasthan, Jaipur, Managing Director, RIICO, Rajasthan, Jaipur, Principal Secretary to Govt., Medical & Health & Family Welfare Department, Rajasthan, Jaipur.
- Financial Action Task Force (FATF) : He was the Leader of the inter-ministerial Country Delegation at Sandiago (USA). Under his supervision and monitoring, the detailed exercise of NRA (National Risk Assessment) was being carried out to ensure that the financial systems (Banking/ Insurance/ Securities/ RBI/ FIU/ MHA and IB) of the country are free from AML/CFT (Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism) threats.
- UN : He served as Consultant, UNICEF in India.
- UNGASS : He attended The UN General Assembly Special Session on Narcotics with the Union FM at UN Head Quarters, New York.
- World Bank : He was Project Director in a World Bank Project in Education.
- Sweedish International Development Agency (SIDA) : He was Project Director, Lok Jumbish, a SIDA Project.
He is working as Chairman of the Rajasthan Electricity Regulatory Commission from May, 2021.